Making friends through learning
9902 schools participating
115632 cards exchanged
How it works
Connect with another school and find English-speaking pen pals to start exchanging cards with their students. We believe learning English should be an exhilarating experience. So far, we’ve helped thousands of students improve their English and feel more confident communicating in a practical way. With over 9,000 schools already enjoying the benefits of having international penfriends, get started right away by registering your school or browsing cards.
1. Register your school
Register your school today, telling us where you are, how many students are taking part and the age group of your students.
2. Find a partner school
Look at the world map on our website to find language pen pals in another country. Find international pen friends from schools that are like your own in terms of age range and number of penfriends.
3. Upload cards
Choose 30 of your students’ penpal cards, scan or photograph them, and upload them to our website for the world to see.
Why take part?
- Access new, fun classroom activities.
- Help your students practise reading and writing in English.
- Connect to a school in another part of the world, safely and easily.
- Develop a penpal relationship with another school, possibly by exchanging more letters, arranging a video conference or even a school exchange.
- Take a break from the usual course of studying English.
- Show students that English is practical, helping them communicate internationally.
- Build your students' confidence as they communicate in English with another student.
- Have confidence in a learning activity from Cambridge Assessment English.