Making friends through learning
9715 schools participating
114324 cards exchanged
How it works
1. Register your school
Register your school today, telling us where you are, how many students are taking part and the age group of your students.
2. Find a partner school
Look at the world map on our website to find a school in another country that is similar to your own school in terms of age range and number of penfriends.
3. Upload cards
Choose thirty of your students' cards, scan or photograph them, and upload them to our website for the world to see.
Why take part?
- Access new, fun classroom activities
- Help your students practise reading and writing in English
- Connect to a school in another part of the world, safely and easily
- Develop a relationship with another school, possibly by exchanging more letters, arranging a video conference or even a school exchange
- Take a break from the usual course of studying English
- Show students that English is practical, helping them communicate internationally
- Build your students' confidence as they communicate in English with another student.