Find language pen pals with Penfriends. We inspire schools to connect, share cards and make international pen friends in a safe, fun environment. Give your students the confidence to succeed in English and make new friends through learning by registering today.
11803 schools participating
120590 cards exchanged
How it works
Connect with another school and find English-speaking pen pals to start exchanging cards with their students. We believe learning English should be an exhilarating experience. So far, we’ve helped thousands of students improve their English and feel more confident communicating in a practical way. With over 9,000 schools already enjoying the benefits of having international penfriends, get started right away by registering your school or browsing cards.
1. Register your school
Register your school today, telling us where you are, how many students are taking part and the age group of your students.
2. Find a partner school
Look at the world map on our website to find language pen pals in another country. Find international pen friends from schools that are like your own in terms of age range and number of penfriends.
3. Upload cards
Choose 30 of your students’ penpal cards, scan or photograph them, and upload them to our website for the world to see.
Why take part?
- Opportunity for your students learning English to share cards and letters with other schools around the world.
- Develops pen pal relationships with connected schools easily and safely leading to more letter exchanges, arranging a video conference or even a school exchange.
- Encourages students to focus on real life topics and use creative methods in reading, writing and drawing to communicate in English.
- Helps to build your students’ confidence and further develop their English skills.
- Over 10,000 schools in 139 countries have signed up making Penfriends a global community.
- Joining is easy: simply register your school, find a partner school and upload your students’ cards.
- Our suggested topic themes are a great way to improve your students’ English skills by introducing new subjects that expand their vocabulary.
- Have your students’ cards recognised by earning Penfriend badges and aim to be at the top of the leader board.