Terms & conditions
This activity is open to any school worldwide. Schools must register via this website and their students must be between the ages of 4-18 in order to participate.
- To feature a card on the Penfriends website it must be submitted using the card upload form available on this site.
- Only 30 cards per class will be accepted. Please try to limit the size of each upload to maximum 8MB. File sizes above this may not upload successfully.
- All cards must be correctly associated with the card designer’s first name only, to ensure the privacy of the designer via the upload form. Cards will automatically be attributed to the school and location associated with the password used during login. Responsibility for ensuring this information is correct lies with the school when they register and cannot be corrected by Cambridge Assessment English later.
- All cards entered must be the original work of the entrant.
- Schools may submit cards from more than one class; however, individual classes may only enter a maximum of 30 cards each.
- Cambridge Assessment English reserves the right to disqualify any card that Cambridge Assessment English believes in its sole discretion to be in breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise inappropriate in any way.
- By submitting your card you agree to participate in all publicity reasonably requested by Cambridge Assessment English, including without limitation press, print and online publicity. Such publicity may include publication of both your name and photo.
- While the designer retains the copyright of all images submitted, Cambridge Assessment English reserves the right to unlimited use of all photos and card designs for publications such as newsletters, brochures, promotion and advertising on paper and in electronic format.
- You irrevocably and unconditionally waive all rights under Chapter IV of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.
- Cambridge Assessment English accepts no responsibility for any costs incurred by any participant in this activity. Schools are responsible for covering the cost of postage when exchanging cards with their partner school.
- Cambridge Assessment English shall not be liable for any delay in, or for failure to perform, its obligations if that delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond its control.
- Cambridge Assessment English reserves the right to postpone, extend or cancel the activity at its discretion.
- This activity shall be governed by the laws of England and subject to the jurisdiction of English Courts.
- This activity is run by Cambridge Assessment English on behalf of the Chancellor, Masters and Scholars of the University of Cambridge.